Friday 2 May 2014

My Lord took on the role of a servant

inkedinlove:
The role of a servant.
I remember sitting in church listening to Pastor Miles McPherson say, “You wanna know how to not focus on sinning? Serve someone.” It didn’t click until I found myself becoming a part of a filthy, noisy, and rebellious world. Meaning, I wasn’t standing out in Christ anymore. I started to act, look, and talk like the rest of the world. My heart was longing for Christ in a way that would continue this heart transformation and life changing process. 
So, one Sunday evening I found myself visiting the Rock Church again, and Pastor Miles mentioned, if you want a job, pray for a job. 
I needed a job. But I also missed serving.
God answered my prayers that night! It’s by His grace that He even guided my prayer to meet His will.
Serving is a tremendous blessing. You relearn how to become selfless and patient. And you unlearn how to be all about you (selfish). Jesus was not about Himself. He sacrificed and denied His human nature to serve God and people. In return, we are able to serve Him because of the Holy Spirit and God’s divine grace. 
Jesus took on the role of a servant. He commands us to do the same. We do it not for the praises of man or for our selfish ambition and conceit. We do it unto our LORD, in honor of who God is. This kind of servitude expresses the faith, hope, and love we have in becoming spiritually mature. Our time, talents, energy, and effort are being invested in souls for an eternal purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment